South Korea and Mexico both are very important participants in group F though, Germany is regarded as one of the most favourite in upcoming World Cup 2018 and also they are the defending champion. But still, they would not take South Korea so lightly because Korea has entered the tournament by proving themselves. Germany v South Korea (27th June).
In the group stage, this two teams will play against each other. The match between them will be their 3rd group stage competition which is also the 43rd match in the ongoing tournament. In 27th June 2018, the match will take place at Kazan Arena in Russia. Match details of Germany and South Korea are provided below.
Germany v South Korea Match Preview
- Date – 27th June 2018
- Kick Off – 15:00 (BST)
- Day – Wednesday
- Tournament – FIFA World Cup 2018
- Match No. – 43rd
- Group – F
- Episode – 21st
South Koria vs Germany Head To Head
If we consider the head to head statistics between Germany and South Korea, from the previous records we can see that these two teams have faced against each other already.
They played the total of three matches against each other where Germany won twice times and South Korea won once. Korea won the friendly match but team Germany won both times in World Cup tournament.
- Total Matches Played – 3
- Germany Won – 2
- South Korea Won – 1
The World Cup group stage match between Germany and South Korea will take place at Kazan Arena. The Kazan Arena is located in Kazan, Tatarstan, Russia. The ground was established in July 2013. The grass is the field surface. The arena can contain 45,379 seat capacity.
Read More: Germany vs Sweden FIFA World Cup Match
South Korea Possible XI
- Goalkeeper – Kim Seung Gyu
- Defenders – Oh Ban suk, Lee Yong, Kim Min Woo, Yun Young Sun
- Midfielders – Jung Woo Young, Ki Sung Yeung (Captain), Koo Ja Cheol, Lee Jae Sung
- Attackers – Hwang Hee Chan, Son Heung Min
Korea Teaching Hand
- Manager – Shin Tae Yong (Kor)
- Asst. Manager – Jeon Kyung Jun (Kor), Toni Grande (Spa)
- Midfield Coach – Kim Nam Il (Kor)
- Defense Coach – Cha Du Ri (Kor)
- Goalkeeping Coach – Kim Hae Woon (Kor)
Read More: Germany vs Mexico World Cup 2018 H2H
Ki Sung Yeung is the current skipper of South Korea who is the very experienced midfielder. Most of the players of the team are connected with Korean league competition. Some are playing at Japan as well.
They have lackings of most renowned players but they used to play as a team and all are almost same rated players. So, they are comparatively strong and balanced team.
Germany Possible XI
- Goalkeeper – Manuel Neuer (Captain)
- Defenders – Antonio Rudiger, Joshua Kimmich, Marvin Plattenhardt, Jerome Boateng
- Midfielders – Sami Khedira, Ilkay Gundogan, Toni Kroos, Leroy Sane, Julian Draxler
- Attackers – Thomas Muller
German Teaching Hand
- Manager – Joachim Low (Ger)
- Asst. Manager – Miroslav Klose (Pol), Marcus Sorg, Thomas Schneider (Ger)
- Fitness Coach – Yann Benjamin Kugel
- Goalkeeping Coach – Andreas Kopke
Team Germany is very strong under the captaincy of Manuel Neuer. Neuer has returned to the game after passing long-time injury but in recent time, he failed to make a good entrance at the national side.
In his returning match, team Germany faced defeat against Austria. However, they have pretty much-talented players in the squad where Mesut Ozil and Muller are the key players.
Prediction: South Korea 1 – 3 Germany.