India is one of the most potential contender of ongoing ICC Champions Trophy 2017 and in their first group stage match, they will have to play against their most rival Pakistan. Both, India and Pakistan are placed in the same group where the rest two group mates are Sri Lanka and South Africa. The rivalry between India and Pakistan are known by all over the world and so, the cricket fans are too excited to watch the competition.
ICC Champions Trophy is one of the biggest international cricket competition which used to call Mini World Cup . It was founded in 1998 when it was known as ICC Knockout Tournament. However, now the eighth edition of ICC Champions Trophy scheduled matches has just started in 1st June, 2017 and in fourth match of the tournament, India will face the South Asian cricket super power Pakistan and the match will be staged in next 4th June, 2017 at Edgbaston Cricket Ground. Here we present the complete details of upcoming match between India and Pakistan below.
India vs Pakistan Match Preview
- Competition Between – India Vs Pakistan
- Match No. – 4th
- Tournament Name – ICC Champions Trophy 2017
- Edition – 8th
- Competition Type – One Day International (ODI)
- Match Date – 4th June, 2017
- Time – 09:30 (GMT)
- Day – Sunday
- Host Ground – Edgbaston Cricket Ground
- Location – Edgbaston, Birmingham
- Capacity – 25,000
- Umpires – Kumar Dharmasena (SL), Marais Erasmus (SA)
India is the current champion of ICC Champions Trophy and one of the two most successful team of the competition as well by winning highest two titles which is the joint record with Australia. However, in the current season of the competition, India will start the season as one of the hot favourite where their next match opponent Pakistan is still unpredictable. Besides, considering the current ICC ranking, Pakistan is placed in 8th position which makes them less favourite team in this tournament. But, individually in ICC Champions Trophy, the records against India are very good.
Till now, the Green Army faced India in ICC Champions Trophy total three times and managed victory twice. But, their recent statistics are not sufficient. As well as the current team of Pakistan is too young to make history. Sarfraz Ahmed is the current skipper of the Green Shirts where Virat Kohli is the captain of the Blues. But, still Pakistan is best for bowling attack which consists of Amir, Riaz and Junaid etc. But, India has best batting line up as well and there is no question about their batting. Let’s see the complete players list of both teams below.
India Team Squad for ICC Champions Trophy
- Batsmen – Virat Kohli ©, Ajinkya Rahane, Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik
- Bowlers – Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav
- All – rounders – Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Hardik Pandya, Yuvraj Singh
Pakistan Team Squad for ICC Champions Trophy
- Batsmen – Sarfraz Ahmed ©, Ahmed Shehzad, Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Haris Sohail
- Bowlers – Hasan Ali, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Amir, Wahab Riaz
- All – rounders – Imad Wasim, Mohammad Hafeez, Shadab Khan, Shoaib Malik, Fahim Ashraf
According to the above team squad of both teams, India has selected the best batting line up where Pakistan has some experienced bowlers in their team squad. Though, the players of Pakistan are almost new comparatively but they are young and hunger to take any challenge. However, they do not want to lose their first match where they will have to face two more tough opponent in the group. On the other side, India has some legendary batsmen in the team which can dominate any bowlers in the field. So, all in all, the match would be contesting though, India would win the match.