Cricket is a game that is full of entertainment and emotions. For arranging a nice tournament it needs a nice and attractive playground. The more the capacity and lucrative style of the ground the more have enjoyment there. There have a lot of lucrative cricket stadiums around the cricket playing nations in the world. Among them in Asia, there have some attractive stadiums as well. The best cricket grounds in Asia are situated in some different countries.
Among top ten cricket playing nations, Asia has the most potential 4 teams those are- Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan.
The largest number of Cricket Grounds is situated in these Asian Countries and India has the most with 49 international Cricket Stadiums.
Top 5 Best Cricket Grounds in Asia
According to the above mentioned criteria let’s have a look at some of the best cricket grounds in Asia. The list below is about best cricket grounds in Asia on the basis of their actual capacity and beauty.
5.M.A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, India
M.A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, India is one of the best Cricket Grounds of Southern India, was established in 1916. It is one of the best cricket grounds in Asia as well.
- It is renowned for Yellow Army, referring to the fact that the entire crowd gets yellowed during CSK matches is the home ground to in IPL.
- It has hosted 20 ODIs, 31 tests, and a T20 International.
- It is well constructed and has separate stands are built so that stadium does not get over-heated on sultry days by maintaining gaps in between to ensure.
- Virender Sehwag scored 319 runs against South Africa in a test innings here.
4.Galle International Stadium, Galle, Sri Lanka
Galle International Stadium, Galle, Sri Lanka makes its place in the list due to its scenic beauty and one of the best cricket grounds in Asia.
- It has a capacity of 35,000 people.
- It has hosted 4 ODIs and 22 tests.
- It is perhaps one of the most beautiful cricket grounds in the continent fringed by the Indian Ocean on two sides.
- It has suffered a terrible setback and was badly affected by Tsunami in 2004.
- Then the stadium was recovered and reconstructed to make it re-suitable to host international matches.
Read More: Greatest All Rounders in the Cricket History
3.Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore, Pakistan
Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore, Pakistan ground was badly stained by the Terrorist Attack over the Sri Lankan team in 2009 for which it was led to a suspension of International Cricket in this country. It is one of the best cricket grounds in Asia.
- Apart from the political and security viewpoints, And from Cricketing aspect, it is one of the best cricket grounds in Asia.
- It hosted the World Cup Final of 1996.
- It has hosted 44 Tests and 58 ODIs.
- It is one of the largest Cricket Grounds at present and has a capacity of over 60,000 people.
- The cricket legend Inzamam-ul-Haque scored 329 runs against New Zealand here in 2002.
- At this ground, Wasim Akram took a hat-trick against Sri Lanka in 1999.
2.Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, India
Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, India is a unique one with respect to its architecture and is one of the most beautiful grounds in India as well as one of the best cricket grounds in Asia.
- The first international match was held in this ground on January 1975.
- It has emerged to be one of the best Cricket Stadiums of the World and the last World Cup Final was held here.
- It has hosted 19 ODIs, 22 Tests, and a T20 International.
- The capacity is around 35,000 people at this ground.
- It is the home ground to Mumbai Indians in the IPL.
- Sachin Tendulkar played his 200th Test Match against West Indies here in November 2013.
1.Eden Gardens, Kolkata, India
Eden Gardens, Kolkata, India is no less beautiful than the name and one of the best cricket grounds in Asia.
- It was established in 1864 and its capacity is 66,349 people.
- The lush green outfield, the electrifying ambience and the stands make this ground as one of the best cricket grounds in Asia.
- It has hosted 27 ODIs, 38 test matches, and a T20 International.
- The 1987 World Cup Final between Australia and England was held here.
- Harbhajan Singh made a hat-trick against Australia in 2001 here.
- It is home ground to Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL.
Cricket is a game of gentleman and the beautiful stadiums had made it like that are really the greatest. There have a lot of beautiful cricket stadiums around the cricket playing nations in the world. Among them, the best cricket grounds in Asia are truly very much attractive.